You are here
Yoga Pregnancy and Postnatal Classes
by MEENAKSHI DEVI. Ananda Ashram, Pondicherry.
- Yoga is the perfect form of exercise for pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood.
- You will feel invigorated, refreshed and relaxed as your body becomes stronger, more supple and more comfortable in birth positions.
- You will notice a heightened awareness ,encouraging a deeper connection with your baby.
- You will experience a sense of empowerment as you come to realize that your very own birth-giving regenerative power as a woman, is sacred.
- Yoga will connect you with not only your own internal resources but with the elemental forces of Nature as well.
Your baby is sharing your world, share the gift of Yoga, where you will both discover the Peace and Stillness within yourself… Your baby will too! Gentle loving time for mother and child to share! Joyful, and sacred shared experience… light and fun!!
PEACE YOGA offers a specialty pregnancy and post-natal class where your baby is also welcome. Begin with Baby Massage and Baby Yoga..as is the twig..so grows the tree!
This Yoga form is extremely gentle and kind to your body,preparing you physically for a beautiful birth , floating on your breath, as you discover your own innate ability to create balance, harmony and peace-within and around you.
You will nurtured by
- specialized breaths for pregnancy and labour,
- asanas (gentle postures ) relating to relevant trimesters of pregnancy,
- visualization, relaxation and meditation.
All Stages of pregnancy welcome…
Mum's Yoga: $TBA
Baby Massage and Yoga
9:30 a.m. Wednesday's…
You will learn the loving art of massaging and doing Yoga with your little one, as you both enjoy songs, rhymes and the pure joy of spending quality time together in the company of other mums and bubs.
Come along with your baby and make friends, share your stories and concerns and feel a sense of community and support.
Many strong friendships and Playgroups emerge from these sessions.
Mums and Bubs are then most welcome to stay for Pregnancy and Post Natal Class.
The babies seem bonded and play happily beside their Mums who feed and care for them as required , yet still enjoy a safe and balanced Yoga Practice..learning Pranayama (breath Practice suitable to enjoy whilst breastfeeding, that induces relaxation and tranquility) , Asanas..physical postures, Relaxation and Meditations designed not only to assist with birth but also with the challenges that a new baby brings...Mums are empowered and taught skills to empower their baby also..Yoga is the greatest tool to raise self-esteem, self-acceptance and self-empowerment!
Bubs Yoga: $TBA